Before Your Scalp Micropigmentation
Thank you for choosing Bareface Artistry for your scalp micropigmentation procedure. Following the pretreatment instructions below will ensure that you have prepared your scalp as best as possible to receive optimal results. If you have questions, please contact me at 801-792-7994.
- Wash your scalp with gentle, non-abrasive shampoo the week prior to your procedure.
- After washing scalp, moisturize skin to keep it hydrated. Doing so will allow the pigment to be properly absorbed.
- Refrain from sun exposure to the area we are treating.
- Your procedure may last a few hours. Please make sure you eat before arriving.
- Hair piece – please do not wear a hair piece for at least 5-7 days prior to your scheduled procedure. Wearing a hair piece limits the flow of oxygen to the scalp and could cause the pigment to not be fully absorbed.
- Hair length – please contact me prior to your procedure to discuss proper hair length. In most cases, hair should ideally be shaved to 1/16-1/8 inch (0-1 clipper length)
- Hair preparation – please do not use a razor on your scalp for at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled procedure. It is critical that I am able to see native hair so that I may blend with existing hair follicles.